Tuesday, September 14, 2010

just a little detour

So I literally couldn't spend another second in Rome. The people were awful, the hotel was awful, the heat was unbearable and I was miles and miles away from civilisation and the city - so I decided to cut my losses and hop on a plane. After not being able to contact anyone for 2 days because this hotel Beethoven is just a complete hell-hole, I managed to get in contact with mum and hopped on a plane to Amsterdam to meet her here. I was going to go to Madrid a few days early, but realised I had no accomodation booked etc. and I missed mum, so we both decided it would be best if I just came and hung out with her for a few days.

Because the flee, bed bug and some other creature bites got infected etc. I had an injection at the doctor's at teh airport in Rome and feel ten thousand times better. Amsterdam is cold and rainy, but beautiful! And the people here are so nice and more than helpful. I might go back to Rome one day and do what I wanted to, but for now, I'm very happy with my decision to leave. I was really starting to get sick, but after a good night's sleep and a proper meal - I feel 100%. Just need to fiddle around with flights and then I'm all set for SPAIIIIIIIIIN on Thursday.

Can you feel the excitement'?

I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so so glad you're having fun! Haha, and good decision on skipping out- you sounded miserable,m woman. O____O

    I want you to know that I'm reading Homer's the Iliad- and that you should not read this unless you understand grammatical nonsense. Unlike me, because I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE NARRATIVE AND I'M GOING TO DIE FOR THE NEXT FOUR HUNDRED PAGES.

    Anyways I love you and miss you oodles like you don't even know.
    xx
    Caaaait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had fun catching up on your adventures. If you want to see Rome you have to be right in the centre. First time we were there we were 2 hours out of town and the next time we were right near the Trevi Fountain. No comparison. This trip will certainly make you independant.
    Glad you've hooked up with your Mum. Hope her trip is going well. I really enjoyed your description of the lion monument in Lucern. We have been there as well but I didn't realise the history involved. Love Aunty Debbie

    ReplyDelete