Monday, September 27, 2010

chilling with jesus

After a pretty emotional farewell in Barcelona, I hopped on a train to San Sebastian! I arrived about midnight last night and headed over to the hostel I had booked on the internet a few days before. I rock up - and sheś not there. So I start to freak a little. Whenb she eventualluy gets there, she tells me she has no record of my reservation, and that all of San Sebastian will be full because of the U2 concert that night. Cuemassive freakout. I had a confirmation email and everything, but she jhust didn have any beds. Lucky forme, Pablo, the nice backpacker hostel owner downstairs overheard the conversation and sold me the very last bed in all of San Sebvastian. This place is so much cooler. Full of backpackers my age, roughly, and so much fun. Itś a really pretty place too, and cheaper!

Today I had a bit of a sunbake, a ham omelette sandwich thing that theyŕe big on over here. Carbs, carbs, carbs carbs. Anyway, after that I wandered around óld town´. Itś awesome. I could seriously live here. The only problem is that, now that I`m in bBasque country, the second language is now Basque or Spanish instead of English. But after spending so much time with Ivan, my spanish is pretty decent. Anyway, so it took about 5 hours all up doing some good old fashioned bush bashing around the massive jesus statue. It was awesome, and so creepy. I found all these old English monuments for the soldiers that died in combat, anbd someone had cut all their heads off¿ very strange. but awesome. I no longer have thighs, just pure muscle. I felt kind of like Bear Grylls because I was the only one around, and I was swinging from trees, climbing the old monuments, chasing cats etc. it was such a cool day. After, I was super peckish and bought some fruit from the local markets. An apple, some mulberries, strawberries and a peach. Yum.

Tonight I`m going out with some of the girls in my dorm for some tapas and drinks probably. Then tomorrow I need to buy my train ticket back to madrid (ugh) and then I leave late on the 29th for madrid, to sleep, then on a plane to London! I am really going to miss Spain. Especially good old San Seb.

Just wanted to touch base and let yyou guys know I am having an absolute blast!

2 comments:

  1. By the sound of things the magic Vegamite is not going to catch up with you!

    Luv Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely painted picture of an interested day. Go the Bear!

    ReplyDelete