Thursday, September 30, 2010

adios to san seb

San Sebastian is easily the coolest place in the world. I don't need to go anywhere else to realise this. It's such an awesome little beach town, with the best tapas bars, the best little boutique shops, the nicest people, the best weather (until today when it's freezing and overcast), so much history and personality and is, architecturally, just astounding. For example, for dinner the other night, we were lazy and went to the plaza and bought some kebabs. We realised that this little mainstream kebab store is older than our entire country. What a mind-fuck.

I've bought some cool shit here. Some scarves, a long sleeved shirt with feathers on it, a rad dress and this cool green shirt from Portugal. I'd love to go visit Portugal one day, it sounds amazing. Anyway,so I've been moved into a room full of smelly boys for the last couple of days here, from my last entry actually. We've all had a few big nights in a row, as in the entire first level of the hostel, and it's catching up with me a little. Slept in until noon today, before heading out and annihilating some wicked chicken paella. That's one thing I'm going to miss the most, is teh food here. My stomach isn't too fond of it - but I eat it anyway because it tastes just so awesome.

So I am catching a bus tonight at midnight, about an hour's walk from the hostel, to go straight to Madrid airport. It's about an 8 hour trip. I could have left today and stayed a night in madrid to make it easier on my body, but I honestly have like...Madrid phobia. I can't spend another minute in that place.

San Sebastian however? I could easily live here. I've really gotten into this, get up around 10, grab some coffee and breakfast, head out and explore hardcore, then come back around 3 or 4 and siesta that shit up until about 7, then play drinking games until like 9, go out and grab some tapas and get your drink on. It just feels so right for the body. It's 3:30itis, and the Spanish embrace its existanceand allocate time to get over it. They're brilliant, and this siesta thing is so so so so so so under-appreciated.

I'm officially bringing the concept back to Australia with me, start a national movement to introduce it.

Maybe bring the idea of paella back with me too.

Anyway, having a blaast! I head off to the airport tonight, then I'm off to meet up with mum in London!

1 comment:

  1. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied
    on the video to make your point. You clearly know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just
    posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us
    something enlightening to read?

    Feel free to surf to my blog; ebuybelize.com

    ReplyDelete