Tuesday, August 24, 2010

the road ahead

So I leave on Sunday night, and I am finally starting to get just a little nervous. Seeming as I've never used blogspot before, I thought I should at least get one practice post up and running before heading off. So if you can see this, SUCCESS!

I guess you're wondering about the name of my blog, so I thought I should explain that first. (no, I didn't make up a really complicated word to spell just to confuse you all!) I recently stayed up extremely late watching Go because there was a historical movie on that I thought I might like - turns out it was one of the most amazing movies I've ever seen, Alexander. I found the whole thing inspiring - especially the line that I think sums him up so well - fortune favours the bold. So, after a little bit of research,  I found out it's actually a Latin proverb (fortuna audax iuvat) and I'm hoping it will be a running theme for this trip.

Unfortunately I can't make it to Cube on Sunday, so a big farewell to all you Cubers, and I'll see you again in October.

The purpose of this blog is to update you guys on what I'm doing, without sending out emails left and right. As you all know, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to that - and this also looks much nicer! So it's a win-win situation. If I don't update for a few days, don't fret, I may be out of wireless range, or just flat out with stuff.

I may update this blog once more before I go, and then I promise it will be a whole lot more interesting!

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to misss you! but you'll have a killer time and it'll be a wonderful experience. hit up a lot of spanish boys for me. bwahahaha.

    xoxo,
    Stacy<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey darling, thanks for the 2am phone call so I'm happy that you're now OK. I'm glad that all my nagging has been worth it. Everybody's been ringing and send their love.
    Have a great first day in London, be safe, I love you, mum xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hollmister,
    How's my little world traveller going? From the sounds of things, it was a pretty rocky start. When mum was telling me about the incident in the airport I got shivers and horrible flashbacks from my time in Japan. How are the people in your tour? The photos are amazing, I found that you come across the most amazing things when you go off in and explore on your own. Hope you are having a great time and just know that I am extremely jelous. Love you heaps xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. To our darling granddaughter,
    I am not certain if I'm following the correct procedure, so please accept this as a test message only. If successful, there's more to follow.
    Love you heaps, Nanny and Poppy.XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Holly

    Thanks for the text, sorry I didn't check out the blog sooner. Mums been watching far to much home and away so the internet has just reloaded.

    Will be posting more comments, figured I'd better start from the beginning.

    Also is that photo from Morgan rd?

    ReplyDelete